With on campus instruction there are a number of changes and new requirements that are necessary to comply with State mandates and ensure the safety of our students and staff and students.
As discussed below, our Einstein classes have been adjusted to increase the spacing between students, purchased new students’ desks and installed protective barriers, installed contactless hand sanitizing stations, and adjusted the schedules and cafeteria plans.
Students and staff will be asked to follow new procedures while arriving to the campus, while on the campus and in departing from the campus. Our Einstein community of students, staff and families are asked to review these requirements and remain in compliance throughout the period of the School year that is impacted by the Covid-19 virus.
Daily Covid-19 Pre-Screening Form
· All staff and allowed visitors will be required to complete a daily self-screening form for COVID-19 symptoms prior to arriving on campus. This form is currently required to be submitted daily and is available through Presence, the Einstein’s social platform.
· Students – submit a weekly screening on Sunday night – This form is currently required to be submitted weekly and is available through Presence, the Einstein’s social platform. Parents will self-screen students daily throughout the week and notify the Einstein School of any changes prior to the student arriving on campus after such change
§ Individuals experiencing Covid-19 symptoms are not permitted on campus. These individuals must follow all isolation and quarantine guidelines from the local health authority, their physician and follow CDC recommendations: View current CDC recommendations.
· Students displaying symptoms of COVID-19 while on the Einstein campus, will be separated from their peers and should be picked up within 30 minutes and no later than 1 hour from the time the campus has contacted the family.
· Other students will be removed from the classroom and taken to an alternate location on campus (go on a walk outside, move to a different classroom, etc.) so that the classroom can be disinfected.
· If an individual who has been at the Einstein Campus and is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19, the Einstein school will work with the local health department, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including confidentiality requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
· Areas that are heavily used by the individual with the lab-confirmed case (student or staff) will be temporarily closed and the entire Campus will be disinfected and defogged.
· Depending on the circumstances, the Einstein School may temporarily move to remote learning.
· In coordination with the health department, communication will be provided to the students who came in contact with a student or staff member with a lab confirmed case of COVID-19.
· Students and staff who have tested positive for COVID-19 will be permitted to return to school when they have met all of the following:
· They have provided written medical clearance to return to campus from a licensed medical professional
· They are 3 days (72 hours) fever-free without using fever-reducing medication;
· Improved symptoms (cough, difficulty breathing, etc.);
· 10 days have passed since symptoms began.
Use of facial coverings (Masks/Face Shields)
Consistent with Governor Abbott’s current executive order regarding the wearing of masks, the Einstein School is requiring students and staff to wear face coverings as detailed below. This requirement is subject to change.
The Einstein School is providing each student and staff member a reusable Einstein Logo face covering or alternatively a face shield. Students and staff may also purchase additional masks and shields through the Einstein Spirit Store.
· Masks include non-medical grade disposable face masks, cloth face coverings (over the nose and mouth), or full-face shields to protect eyes, nose, and mouth.
· Students and staff will wear face coverings at all times except during lunch (socially distanced from other staff and students) and in settings where the recommended social distancing cannot be maintained.
· Students will not be required to wear face coverings while eating but will be socially distanced from other students.
· Individual needs regarding face coverings will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
· Families will be responsible for daily cleaning of masks and must supply a face covering should the one provided by the school become unusable or lost.
· Face shields will not be shared but must remain at school and individuals are responsible for their daily cleaning and sanitizing
Arrival and Dismissal
· Students (weekly) and staff (daily) must submit their Covid-19 prescreening form prior to arriving on Campus – Parents are requested to not leave the parking lot until the weekly form is submitted and no health issues are listed
· Entry is limited to Suite 132 in the morning and all arrivals must have a facial mask to enter the building, remain socially distance from other and use hand sanitizer upon entry
· Students and Staff must have a parking permit to park in the available parking areas adjacent to the building.
· The Einstein School has leased additional off campus parking at the Stars/Dr. Pepper Ice skating location at _______ West Plano Parkway. No one is permitted to walk from or to the parking lot to school due to the traffic conditions on West Plano Parkway.
Shuttle transportation will be provided, and hand sanitizing, masks are required, and passengers will be limited to two at a time. High touch areas will be disinfected after each trip
· Dismissal will be at 2:50 for the Lower School students and students will exit through Suite 132 and the cafeteria door and students must have a facial covering during dismissal and pick-up
· After school care will not be provided at the present time but will be revaluated after School reopening
· Dismissal for High School will be at 3:45 and students may leave through the various direct exits to the parking lot from within the Einstein School portion of the building
· Hand sanitizer will be placed at each exit and students will be encouraged to sanitize hands prior to exit
Access to the Einstein Campus will be limited for the foreseeable future. We will utilize Zoom conferencing and virtual meeting options to limit campus visitors. All visitors who require in person meetings must pre-register and have approval to be on campus. All permitted visitors must comply with the following:
· All visitors must submit the Covid-19 pre-screening form
· If visitors have COVID-19 symptoms, or are lab confirmed with COVID-19, they must remain off campus until they meet the criteria for re-entry.
· All individuals entering the building will be required to wear face coverings.
· Volunteers are not allowed to visit the Einstein Campus at this time (including mentors, college representatives, guest speakers, etc.).
· Any Individuals permitted to proceed beyond the reception area must follow all safety and hygiene guidance.
· Visitors must agree to notify the Einstein School if they have a laboratory confirmed instance of COVID-19 within 14 days of vising the Einstein School.
If meeting goals cannot be meet through a virtual meeting, in addition to the health and safety measures listed above, the capacity of meeting or conference rooms will be below 50% and attendees must be able to maintain recommended social distance from each other while meeting. If unable to maintain social distancing within available rooms at 50% capacity, further limiting of attendance will be required.
Disinfecting and Hand Sanitizing
In addition to facial coverings, other critical tools in protecting the health and wellness of students and staff is the continuous cleaning and disinfecting our campus and classrooms and individuals practicing good personal hygiene, properly washing their hands and the frequent use hand sanitizer.
· The Einstein School has contracted with Disinfx to regularly defog and disinfect the Campus and all surfaces with a disinfectant fog.
· Disinfx will regularly monitor the Einstein School high touch points and surfaces for microbial levels and to spot treat when necessary and they will provide urgent disinfectant services should a Covid-19 laboratory confirmed case occur in regard to an Einstein student, staff or authorized visitor that has been on campus.
· Dedicated cleaning staff have been arranged to continuously clean and disinfect all high traffic and high touch surfaces throughout the school day and each classroom and restroom will be cleaned and disinfected throughout the day
· Cleaning staff will wear PPE (masks and gloves) during work hours
· The Einstein School has purchased and placed around the campus new contactless hand sanitizer stations. These new dispensers have been in high traffic areas and will be available continuously throughout the day
· Bottles of hand sanitizer will be in each classroom and other common areas which all persons entering the Einstein campus or classroom must utilize
· Students, staff and permitted visitors must regularly wash or sanitize their hands, including before eating and following restroom breaks
· All students and staff shall practice proper hygiene to include the practice of covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and if not available, to cover cough or sneeze with their elbows. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash, hands should be washed immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or hand sanitizer should be used
Disinfecting classroom and common areas
· Students and staff will limit the use of shared supplies when possible
· Students and staff are not to share personal items, including personal supplies, cell phones, IT equipment and food/beverages
· The Einstein School has purchased new individual desks for the majority of our campus classrooms. These new desks will allow for better use of the classroom space as well as permitting the maximum social distancing between students.
· Classroom size has been adjusted to accommodate social distancing to the extent possible
· Plexiglass shields have been installed on the desks to increase protection and separation between students
· Students will sanitize their hands upon entering and leaving the classrooms
· All high touch areas in the classrooms will sanitized between class periods
· Classroom doors will normally remain propped open to allow for additional ventilation during class and fully opened in between classes so students don’t touch doors or handles
· Additional supplies are being ordered to reduce the use of communal supplies and items that are used by more than one student will be sanitized between use to extent feasible
· In any classrooms where students are regularly within six feet of one another, additional hand sanitizing will be required
· Students and staff participating in Zoom classroom instruction, conference calls, teacher hours, or any other classroom related virtual meetings are required to comply with and meet the Einstein dress code
Common areas include the cafeterias and the spaces that are used for meetings and collaboration. This includes music room, robotics lab, testing rooms, conference rooms and other meeting rooms.
· Facial coverings are required to be worn by all students and staff in common areas
· All students and staff will be required to use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting common areas
· Staff will schedule and ensure adequate spacing and social distancing is maintained
· Students and staff will sanitize their spaces before and after usage.
· The number of students in a common area will be based upon social distancing practices
In order to reduce movement through the hallways and to increase the social distancing, the Einstein School has adjusted the normal lunch periods
· There will be only one lunch period for all grade levels at the end of the 4th period
· Students will have lunch in designated classrooms
· Students may access microwaves, refrigerators and vending machines subject to respecting social distancing requirements and sanitizing all touched surfaces after each use
· Students and staff are encouraged to participate in the Einstein Lunch program which will allow staff and students to order lunch through a number of local lunch partners. The following are the current partners:
o Jason’s Deli – individual box lunch available five days a week with set menu items
o Chick-fil-a – individual lunches available on Tuesdays and Thursday
o Papa John’s Pizza – available on Wednesday and Fridays – slices of pizza will be in individual boxed and delivered to students
o Jimmy Johns – available on Friday’s
o Cain’s Chicken – available on Monday
· Students and staff ordering lunch outside of the lunch program through delivery services must be aware that only pre-paid – contactless delivery will be permitted – delivery personnel will not be permitted to enter the campus. A container will be placed at the entrance to Suite 132 for deliveries to be left
· There will be no sharing of food, water bottles or beverages
· The use of the atrium water fountain is strongly discouraged. Students and staff are expected to bring their own reusable water bottle for use throughout the day and expected to take water bottles home to be cleaned on a daily basis. Reusable water bottles are available through the Einstein Spirit wear store
· Dedicated cleaning staff will continuously clean and disinfect the four restrooms located in the Einstein portion of the building throughout the day.
· Staff and students must wash hands with soap and water prior to exiting the bathroom
· Proper handwashing techniques will be reinforced, and messaging and reminders posted throughout the campus.
· Contactless soap dispensers have been installed in all restrooms located in the Einstein spaces within the building
· Contactless hand sanitizer stations are located outside of the Einstein restrooms
· Students and staff are encouraged to use only the restrooms located within the Einstein portion of the building.
· Einstein cleaning staff are not responsible for the cleaning of the common restrooms located in the atrium of the building
Art and Fine Art
· Einstein School will be utilizing School provided iPads for certain Art classes
· Students will purchase their own stylus for use with the iPads
· Students will use their own art supplies and the majority of physical art work will be done off campus to avoid sharing equipment, utensils and supplies as much as possible
· Cleaning and sanitizing of shared materials and the art area will take place after each class
· Group practice sessions for the Drama Department and the Einstein Players will adhere to social distancing guidelines
· Off-campus performances of the Einstein Players will be conducted in accordance the local regulations and restrictions and theater guidelines. Performances, procedures and the number of attendees may be adjusted based on health and safety of the performers and the orientation of the event.
· All fine arts performances will be streamed online or recorded when possible.
Clubs and Activities
· All physical activities, including Basketball, the use of the Beam system will remain suspended at this time.
· All large attendance events such as dances, off site events with school provided transportation that bring large groups of students together at one time are suspended until further notice.
· Smaller off campus field trips with parent provided transportation may be arranged subject to maintaining proper social distancing practices.
· On campus events may be held subject to social distancing requirements possible
· Virtual and online activities will be planned and offered for various clubs
· Virtual field trips will be considered as often as possible.
· Meet the teacher, parent conferences, etc. will be held through Zoom conference calls
Emergencies and Drills
Einstein School will continue to hold emergency drills including, fire, severe weather, lockdown, and evacuate as appropriate and with advance notice to parents. A staggered schedule may be utilized to avoid overcrowding and to maintain social distancing. After each drill, students and staff will be reminded that in an actual emergency, they must exit/evacuate without delay and without a staggered exit/evacuation and that in the case of an actual emergency such as a fire, lockdown, shelter for dangerous weather, evacuation, etc. social distancing will not be required during such actual emergency.
We have a shared responsibility to ensure the safety and wellness of our campus and our students and staff.
· Students and staff will participate in training specific to these newly adopted health and safety requirements
· Digital media around the school will carry hygiene, safety messages and instructions in addition to the posters and other reminders posted around the campus
· Parents are asked to talk to their students about COVID-19 symptoms and prevention strategies and to remind their experiencing symptoms, they need to immediately notify the parent or if on campus, a staff member
· Parents are encouraged to talk with their child about the health benefits of wearing a mask at school, social distancing at school, as well as the health benefits of washing their hands, and using hand sanitizer.
All of the above listed actions and precautions are part of our commitment to the Einstein Community during this unique and difficult period. Should we find ourselves required to close the campus based upon government directives and guidance, we will strive to return to in-person instruction as quickly as is permitted and warranted. We appreciate your understanding,
compliance and support in helping us to maintain a safe and healthy environment while allowing us to pursue our passion of ensuring that the children of today and ready and able to succeed in college, careers and life.